That seems pretty clear, and a fun alternative.
Personally, I think I would have preferred something similar for their league structure as it would give more of a sense of playing at a certain level.
Search found 20 matches
- Sun 21 Apr, 2024 3:33 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UK Puzzle League Divisions A and B 2023-2024
- Replies: 21
- Views: 126701
- Fri 19 May, 2023 12:50 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Puzzle Duel Leagues
- Replies: 9
- Views: 17697
Re: Puzzle Duel Leagues
Is it just some form of observation bias, or do there seem to be less mistakes all round this month? I've become the latest UK based puzzler to make an error in 'Orange' division; at one point with Maurice, Tom and Freddie in the top 5 it looked like a really strong division for the UK. After a few ...
- Sun 23 Apr, 2023 1:47 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Puzzle Duel Leagues
- Replies: 9
- Views: 17697
Re: Puzzle Duel Leagues
I've also found it easier to follow along than the ratings on there which I've often found a bit obscure. I think, particularly as the month has gone on, that it has made me slightly more cautious to avoid errors - I do feel like I have something to protect. But on the other hand its also encouraged...
- Tue 04 Apr, 2023 8:02 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Puzzle Duel Leagues
- Replies: 9
- Views: 17697
Re: Puzzle Duel Leagues
My original thought that it was an April Fools' seems to have been wide of the mark. I'm interested to see what will happen at the end of the month as it appears that puzzles are 'live' for the normal five days so I'm not quite sure at what point they will confirm any promotion/relegation. It does s...
- Mon 03 Apr, 2023 4:38 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2023
- Replies: 20
- Views: 173362
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2023
Thanks Liane and Alex for organising this weekend, it was great to be back at an in-person puzzle competition and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thanks also to the authors and test solvers, there were some very enjoyable puzzles that I tried on the day and some other intriguing ones I look forward to ...
- Tue 28 Mar, 2023 10:17 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2023
- Replies: 20
- Views: 173362
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2023
Great, thanks, I was staring at that for days.
- Mon 27 Mar, 2023 7:44 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2023
- Replies: 20
- Views: 173362
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2023
Hi, in puzzle round 1, puzzle 8 (rail pool) I think there's an alternative solution. I've tried to attach it, but not sure if I've done it right. If it can be seen, is that an alternative or have I misunderstood something? Very much looking forward to the weekend, and thanks for putting everything t...
- Sat 25 Mar, 2023 10:25 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2023
- Replies: 20
- Views: 173362
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2023
Puzzle Round 1 Puzzle 10 (Skyscrapers) - the example is incorrect. I think the 4 and the 3 on the left hand side are both one row too high.
- Thu 28 Jul, 2022 7:31 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: 2022 WPF Puzzle GP
- Replies: 31
- Views: 162594
Re: 2022 WPF Puzzle GP
Wow, that was very close - well done everyone, especially Adam.
I find Araf very frustrating - whenever I try it during live competition it always breaks spectacularly but I can get on quite well if I just do them without the time pressure. Haven't tried that particular example yet though.
I find Araf very frustrating - whenever I try it during live competition it always breaks spectacularly but I can get on quite well if I just do them without the time pressure. Haven't tried that particular example yet though.
- Thu 28 Jul, 2022 7:24 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: 2022 WPC and WSC UK Team Qualification Policy
- Replies: 13
- Views: 35757
Re: 2022 WPC and WSC UK Team Qualification Policy
Its very exciting to have finished so close to a qualification spot! Depending on Adam, it may be moot, but I'm not going to be able to go as that is during my school's term time.
- Mon 03 May, 2021 9:20 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Puzzle Duel Anniversary Contest
- Replies: 5
- Views: 13910
Re: Puzzle Duel Anniversary Contest
Yes I enjoyed it too, although the first few I wasn't able to access until about 30 seconds to go which was frustrating.
I did wonder if I would end up paired with you at some point Adam - if you felt you were making progress on that ripple then you were definitely ahead of me!
I did wonder if I would end up paired with you at some point Adam - if you felt you were making progress on that ripple then you were definitely ahead of me!
- Sat 20 Mar, 2021 7:50 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Divisions A and B 2020-2021
- Replies: 68
- Views: 284994
Re: Divisions A and B 2020-2021
I should have completed through to today (which I think was the last one), sorry for getting a little behind. I've enjoyed the way you've set this round up Adam - I do obviously enjoy the 'sit and puzzle for 90 minutes' format for GP/LMI but its nice to have a round that's a bit different
- Wed 10 Feb, 2021 9:19 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Divisions A and B 2020-2021
- Replies: 68
- Views: 284994
Re: Divisions A and B 2020-2021
I'm quite impressed you're still trying them Adam - mine have gone in the drawer for 'future review' as I didn't want to look at another loop for quite some time to come...
- Sun 24 Jan, 2021 8:00 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: 2021 WPF Sudoku and Puzzle GPs
- Replies: 105
- Views: 1155870
Re: 2021 WPF Sudoku and Puzzle GPs
I'd also agree with starting with the puzzles you enjoy/are most familiar with first. Of course, it does depend on whether your aim is to maximise your score or just to enjoy the puzzles. After doing a few competitions, I started to realise that there were some puzzle types I could consistently do r...
- Sat 17 Oct, 2020 3:48 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Division D 2020-21
- Replies: 48
- Views: 183062
Re: Division D 2020-21 Round 1
Hi,
I just wanted to say thanks for these puzzles. I did try to email you Adam but it seems like there may have been a problem again - I will try from a different address so I can be sure future emails get through!
I just wanted to say thanks for these puzzles. I did try to email you Adam but it seems like there may have been a problem again - I will try from a different address so I can be sure future emails get through!
- Sat 21 Mar, 2020 6:50 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: WPF Puzzle GP 2020
- Replies: 67
- Views: 798607
Re: WPF Puzzle GP 2020
I managed to catch the 12/13 issue when entering them. Sadly I missed that the Hitori needed the second shaded block as I didn't read the instructions as carefully as normal because of the Open. It would have been my highest score on WPC too 
- Sat 21 Mar, 2020 6:46 am
- Forum: General Puzzle Discussions
- Topic: Some puzzles for your solving pleasure
- Replies: 27
- Views: 349928
Re: Some puzzles for your solving pleasure
Thanks so much for these. Haven't looked at them yet, but looking forward to having a go. I found both your WPC and UKPA Open rounds very challenging but fun, so more chances to try some of your sudokus is very much appreciated!
- Mon 06 Mar, 2017 9:27 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2017
- Replies: 20
- Views: 84615
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2017
I just wanted to say what a great time I had at this tournament - I would recommend giving it a go to any 'lurkers' out there. My thanks to all of the regulars who made me feel very welcome, and of course to the puzzle setters and markers and the amazing Liane for making it all happen.
- Mon 06 Mar, 2017 9:24 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: 2017 Puzzle GP
- Replies: 41
- Views: 170986
Re: 2017 Puzzle GP
I found C a lot more interesting this time - they were a good mixture of puzzle types with most being types that most people would have seen before, but with some added twists to add interest. I also felt that I would have finished them all in 90 minutes, unlike the previous round where I felt like ...
- Mon 06 Mar, 2017 9:15 am
- Forum: Welcome!
- Topic: Hello (again)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 21571
Hello (again)
Hi, I've finally got around to joining this forum having thoroughly enjoyed the UKPA open tournament last month. To anyone who was there, hello again and to anyone else hello. I've been looking at puzzle magazines for a long time, but have recently found out about tournaments both on-site and online...