[Mystery Theme] Puzzle Contest by IHNN & Eric Fox (June 3rd-9th)

Information and discussion on Puzzle Competitions
IHNN

[Mystery Theme] Puzzle Contest by IHNN & Eric Fox (June 3rd-9th)

Post by IHNN »

I've mentioned this in a few places, but Eric Fox and I (my puzzles) have teamed up to create a logic puzzle contest with a surprise theme, starting in about a week (countdown to the start here). For more information, check out the instructions booklet here, feel free to ask any clarifying questions, and I'll be back with the starting links when it's time to start.
I hope you enjoy- putting this together was a lot of fun :)

- Jeffrey Bardon / IHNN
Last edited by IHNN on Fri 28 May, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
detuned

Re: [Mystery Theme] Puzzle Contest by IHNN & Eric Fox (June 3rd-9th)

Post by detuned »

Is the competition page live yet? It’d be helpful to have a link to it if possible :)
For the latest UK puzzle news direct to your inbox, please consider joining the UK Puzzle Association's mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter
IHNN

Post by IHNN »

detuned wrote: Fri 28 May, 2021 5:43 pm Is the competition page live yet? It’d be helpful to have a link to it if possible :)
It's not being run through any of the usual sites that run contests, and instead I'm handling it all through Google forms- I don't have a dedicated landing page that isn't the signup / "I'm starting now" form so I don't actually have a better link to share yet!

edit: I've created a landing page, modeled somewhat on LMI contests.
It can be found here.
IHNN

Post by IHNN »

The contest is now officially open! It can be started anytime during the next week at this link. As always, feel free to ask if anything is unclear.

A countdown to the end of the contest period can be found here.

Enjoy :D
IHNN

Post by IHNN »

The entry period is unofficially closed- I will still accept entries until I get results compiled and posted (I'm also waiting on one person who said they'd participate), but until then, thank you to everyone who participated! I'll be back with the solutions and results in the near future.
IHNN

Post by IHNN »

Thanks again everyone for your interest in Hexagony, the puzzle contest by Eric and me.
Here are the (very long) results, and some comments: https://ihnnpuzzles.blogspot.com/2021/0 ... ortem.html
(Puzzles are now linked freely in the previous post, if you missed them)

Congratulations to Ken Endo for solving every puzzle in 1:51:40 to take first place! Also congratulations to Freddie Hand and Walker Anderson for rounding out the top 3, and rob, Tiralmo and EctoPlasma for their 3-way tie for 4th place- which happened on the first day!
jupilogy

Post by jupilogy »

I enjoyed it! It was interesting to see that most people opted for the square grid puzzles. I went entirely for the hexagonal ones. I love these kind of variations! And they were all challenging, too!