Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Information and discussion on Puzzle Competitions
motris
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue 21 Dec, 2010 5:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Post by motris »

Don't usually seek out extra weekend sudoku tournaments but thought I'd give this a try since I liked Rishi's last test on LMI. Overall, ~3 stellar puzzles, 8 good puzzles, and 1 really bad choice. I'm trying to erase the memory of that bad puzzle, but it sort of spoiled this test compared to the Double Delight for me. Still, thanks for the other 11.
fiver
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat 12 Mar, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Post by fiver »

Argh :(
For the chess puzzle, I thought (Q=queen, K=knight, C=king) for some reason and it was the other way around.
Is it possible to count all the answers in which C and K are swapped as correct? It is very confusing for non native English speakers like me (in my language knight also starts with K, while king starts with TS - I think that's part of my confusion) :(
purifire
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue 07 Sep, 2010 4:09 am
Location: Hyderabad, India

Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Post by purifire »

Fred76 wrote:Nice grids, Rishi ;)

little typo in one of my code :evil: (moreover, it is a grid on which I spent a lot of time because I restarted it after a mistake :evil: ).

Fred
Thanks Fred... :)
afcwarren
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed 27 Oct, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: Surrey

Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Post by afcwarren »

Thanks Rishi. I enjoyed the contest, despite making two silly errors on the two highest scoring puzzles which would have nearly doubled my score. Oh well!
detuned
Posts: 2474
Joined: Mon 21 Jun, 2010 2:25 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Post by detuned »

Just finished. A pity my pencil broke halfway through and I had to tread gingerly on with a biro. The Irregular and the killer were absolutely top notch!
For the latest UK puzzle news direct to your inbox, please consider joining the UK Puzzle Association's mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter
purifire
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue 07 Sep, 2010 4:09 am
Location: Hyderabad, India

Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Post by purifire »

detuned wrote:Just finished. A pity my pencil broke halfway through and I had to tread gingerly on with a biro. The Irregular and the killer were absolutely top notch!
Thanks Tom... :)

Rishi
PuzzleScot
Site Admin
Posts: 2795
Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Post by PuzzleScot »

...and the winner is...

Nikola Zivanovic (Serbia)

Final results table is available. http://www.ukpuzzles.org/final-results.php?contestid=3

Due to the lack of clear answer key instructions for ChessDoku, I have manually given the points to all answers where it is clear that the puzzle was solved correctly. Any other request for leniancy, please contact Rishi (purifire), and he will make the decision.

Pleased to see no technical problems, and that most people enjoyed the contest :)
Thank-you to all who participated!
purifire
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue 07 Sep, 2010 4:09 am
Location: Hyderabad, India

Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Post by purifire »

PuzzleScot wrote:...and the winner is...

Nikola Zivanovic (Serbia)

Final results table is available. http://www.ukpuzzles.org/final-results.php?contestid=3

Due to the lack of clear answer key instructions for ChessDoku, I have manually given the points to all answers where it is clear that the puzzle was solved correctly. Any other request for leniancy, please contact Rishi (purifire), and he will make the decision.

Pleased to see no technical problems, and that most people enjoyed the contest :)
Thank-you to all who participated!
Congratulations Nikola.... Very Well Done... Thomas Snyder was a close second... congrats to Branko and Ulrich for completing all puzzles in time and taking the joint 3rd spot...

Thanks Alan for hosting the competition.

Rishi
NikolaZ
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon 01 Nov, 2010 12:21 pm

Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Post by NikolaZ »

Congratulations Nikola.... Very Well Done... Thomas Snyder was a close second... congrats to Branko and Ulrich for completing all puzzles in time and taking the joint 3rd spot...

Thanks Alan for hosting the competition.

Rishi
Thanks! It's a pleasure to take the Sudoku Maniac title :D .

Nikola
mikecolloby
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon 21 Jun, 2010 6:55 pm

Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Post by mikecolloby »

Really enjoyed the puzzles. Thank you very much Rishi.
purifire
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue 07 Sep, 2010 4:09 am
Location: Hyderabad, India

Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Post by purifire »

mikecolloby wrote:Really enjoyed the puzzles. Thank you very much Rishi.
Thanks Mike.... It was a pleasure creating the puzzles for UKPA....

Rishi
purifire
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue 07 Sep, 2010 4:09 am
Location: Hyderabad, India

Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Post by purifire »

NikolaZ wrote: Thanks! It's a pleasure to take the Sudoku Maniac title :D .

Nikola
I dont mind calling you a Maniac, but only in a nice way :D

Rishi
puzzlemad
Posts: 1263
Joined: Mon 21 Jun, 2010 10:20 pm
Location: Oldham

Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)

Post by puzzlemad »

Hopefully I'll get chance to print these off and have a go this next week. I've just been up to my eyes with it and the horse events started again last weekend.
Post Reply