Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Hosted on our own UKPA website!
Rishi Puri (purifire) is running a Sudoku contest from 12-13 March 2011.
Instruction book is now available for download at the contest page.
A Chinese translation of the instruction book is also available at http://www.sudokufans.org.cn/forums/ind ... wtopic=232
** If any problems are experienced during the test, please email me immediately chairman@ukpuzzles.org **
Rishi Puri (purifire) is running a Sudoku contest from 12-13 March 2011.
Instruction book is now available for download at the contest page.
A Chinese translation of the instruction book is also available at http://www.sudokufans.org.cn/forums/ind ... wtopic=232
** If any problems are experienced during the test, please email me immediately chairman@ukpuzzles.org **
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Are the instructions for sequence sudoku correct? It says numbers on chains must be in arithmetic progression. Is that right? That means with a constant difference between them. If that is what it means shouldn't that be made a bit more explicit?
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
It looks fun !
I'll definitely participate !
In fact, i'm afraid because my result on the last test on this site was not good and the same with last test written by Rishi... So, a test written by Rishi on this site.... hope it will not be a slump for me
I'll definitely participate !
In fact, i'm afraid because my result on the last test on this site was not good and the same with last test written by Rishi... So, a test written by Rishi on this site.... hope it will not be a slump for me
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Gareth,GarethMoore wrote:Are the instructions for sequence sudoku correct? It says numbers on chains must be in arithmetic progression. Is that right? That means with a constant difference between them. If that is what it means shouldn't that be made a bit more explicit?
You are right... there has to be a constant difference between the digits... My bad in assuming that most would be aware of what an Arithmetic Progression is
Rishi
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Fred, you making my puzzles sound like a horror show... lol ... I think you just had a couple of off days... I am sure you will excel this timeFred76 wrote:It looks fun !
I'll definitely participate !
In fact, i'm afraid because my result on the last test on this site was not good and the same with last test written by Rishi... So, a test written by Rishi on this site.... hope it will not be a slump for me
Rishi
http://rishipuri.blogspot.com
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Lin-Min Fang has produced a Chinese translation of the instruction book. It is available at http://www.sudokufans.org.cn/forums/ind ... wtopic=232
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Would it be good to publicise through the WPF phorum?
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Was that as much a rhetorical question as this is?
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
I didn't see the contest promoted on the WPF forum, nor Forsmarts, so I took the liberty of publicising them there.
The password-protected Puzzle Booklet is now available for download.
The password-protected Puzzle Booklet is now available for download.
-
david mcneill
- Posts: 485
- Joined: Mon 21 Jun, 2010 2:02 pm
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
I'm afraid that I will be away this weekend and, therefore, unable to compete in Rishi's Sudoku contest. I hope to try the puzzles later. I will also miss Bram de Laat's contest on LMI.
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
david mcneill wrote:I'm afraid that I will be away this weekend and, therefore, unable to compete in Rishi's Sudoku contest. I hope to try the puzzles later. I will also miss Bram de Laat's contest on LMI.
Would have loved to see u compete David, its a pity you wont be there.
Rishi
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
I've got the countdown timers working, but they drift slighlty over time - roughly 1 second every 2 minutes.
It errs in the user's favour - ie, when it says 'time up', you may still actually have some time left.
If answers are submitted, or the page is refreshed, it becomes accurate again.
It errs in the user's favour - ie, when it says 'time up', you may still actually have some time left.
If answers are submitted, or the page is refreshed, it becomes accurate again.
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Why would they drift over time? Do you mean your browser is inaccurate in keeping time? Are you using the date and time functions or are you setting a callback which is causing these cumulative inaccuracies? It should be easy to fix.PuzzleScot wrote:I've got the countdown timers working, but they drift slighlty over time - roughly 1 second every 2 minutes.
It errs in the user's favour - ie, when it says 'time up', you may still actually have some time left.
If answers are submitted, or the page is refreshed, it becomes accurate again.
But surely the script should fetch the time from the server via javascript? There is some code on Puzzlemix which does this kind of thing I can send you if you want (I use it for asynchronous saving during play). It's the AJ in AJAX. Or there are various free libraries that do this kind of thing.
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Gareth, Thanks for the tip - I've sent you an email, as this forum thread is really just for this contest.
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Presumably it will if you try to start it on the 12th or the 13th - the competition hasn't started yet.thesprot wrote:The password doesn't appear
-
mackokajka
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri 05 Nov, 2010 10:24 pm
Answer key for chessdoku
Hi.
I have just finished the sudoku mania competition.
I did not know how to write the answers in chessdoku. I also did not find anything about it in instruction booklet.
I decided to write K for King, Q for Queen and C for Knight.
The system counted it as an error.
Could you help me?
Thanks.
And besides, very nice puzzles.
Martin Kollar, Slovakia
I have just finished the sudoku mania competition.
I did not know how to write the answers in chessdoku. I also did not find anything about it in instruction booklet.
I decided to write K for King, Q for Queen and C for Knight.
The system counted it as an error.
Could you help me?
Thanks.
And besides, very nice puzzles.
Martin Kollar, Slovakia
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
The automated scoring only recognises one correct answer key, but I will make sure your score is manually fixed by the end of the contest. Do not worry.
Bonuses are also not yet calculated automatically, but will be included in the final result.
Alan
Bonuses are also not yet calculated automatically, but will be included in the final result.
Alan
Re: Answer key for chessdoku
Martin, all answers for Chessdoku will be checked manually as well... However for people who are yet to take part, suggestion is to use K for king, Q for Queen and N for Knight....mackokajka wrote:Hi.
I have just finished the sudoku mania competition.
I did not know how to write the answers in chessdoku. I also did not find anything about it in instruction booklet.
I decided to write K for King, Q for Queen and C for Knight.
The system counted it as an error.
Could you help me?
Thanks.
And besides, very nice puzzles.
Martin Kollar, Slovakia
Rishi
http://rishipuri.blogspot.com
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Nice tournament, Rishi, even if I made an error between a row and a column in my answers.
Sisi59
Sisi59
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
I always enjoy solving Rishi's puzzles. This time it was great again! Well done!
Nikola
Nikola
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Thanks Nikola... Your words always encourage meNikolaZ wrote:I always enjoy solving Rishi's puzzles. This time it was great! Well done!
Nikola
Rishi
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Thanks Sylvain.... let us see what the issue issisi59 wrote:Nice tournament, Rishi, even if I made an error between a row and a column in my answers.
Sisi59
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Nice grids, Rishi
little typo in one of my code
(moreover, it is a grid on which I spent a lot of time because I restarted it after a mistake
).
Fred
little typo in one of my code
Fred
Re: Rishi Puri's SudokuMania (12-13 Mar 2011)
Nice tournament, Rishi. Thank You.
(Chessdoku - problem with answer King, Queen, Knight - I was sending only set of numbers without chess figures - error too.
But Classic - 40 points!! - this is set of techniques for solving:
FC /FC /Nishio FC /Bidirectional Cycle /FC /FC /XYZ Wing /XYZ Wing/
- after 30min I threw it in the trash with big roar.)
(Chessdoku - problem with answer King, Queen, Knight - I was sending only set of numbers without chess figures - error too.
But Classic - 40 points!! - this is set of techniques for solving:
FC /FC /Nishio FC /Bidirectional Cycle /FC /FC /XYZ Wing /XYZ Wing/
- after 30min I threw it in the trash with big roar.)