2015 USPC and Sudoku Team Qualifying Test
2015 USPC and Sudoku Team Qualifying Test
The email went around today.
The USPC will be Saturday, Sept 5 and the US Sudoku Team Qualifying Test will be Sunday Sept 6.
Both tests are at 1pm EDT
The actual website will be updated on 8/31.
Once the site is updated, the links will be:
USPC: wpc.puzzles.com/uspc2015
Sudoku Test: wpc.puzzles.com/ussq2015
The USPC will be Saturday, Sept 5 and the US Sudoku Team Qualifying Test will be Sunday Sept 6.
Both tests are at 1pm EDT
The actual website will be updated on 8/31.
Once the site is updated, the links will be:
USPC: wpc.puzzles.com/uspc2015
Sudoku Test: wpc.puzzles.com/ussq2015
Re: 2015 USPC and Sudoku Team Qualifying Test
Better late than never 
For the latest UK puzzle news direct to your inbox, please consider joining the UK Puzzle Association's mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: 2015 USPC and Sudoku Team Qualifying Test
I asked Nick if the window would be extended for international participation.
The answer is yes, but only by an hour or so. The scheduled start 6pm, so anything much after 7pm start probably won't appear on the list.
The answer is yes, but only by an hour or so. The scheduled start 6pm, so anything much after 7pm start probably won't appear on the list.
Re: 2015 USPC and Sudoku Team Qualifying Test
Preview instructions are available for the USPC.
A lot from Serkan this year, which sounds promising.
A lot from Serkan this year, which sounds promising.
Re: 2015 USPC and Sudoku Team Qualifying Test
Wow. that was fun!
I think I might have a few points slashed away from the very nitpicky answer keys.
But this is still one of my favourite puzzle tests lately.
How did everyone do?
I think I might have a few points slashed away from the very nitpicky answer keys.
But this is still one of my favourite puzzle tests lately.
How did everyone do?
Re: 2015 USPC and Sudoku Team Qualifying Test
Provisionally about 167, which is respectable but 1-2 puzzles short of what I was hoping for.
Incidentally, that's 2 on the STD, not 7, because I just ignored it until I finished the big Masyu-Crossword
thing with 3 minutes to spare, and was thinking "Well, I don't really have time to start another ... STD!!"
and snagged a couple extra points in the last minute or two. Felt like I made pretty good use of time,
except I managed to break the sheep/wolves the first time I tried it (erased and redid it pretty quickly),
and after spending maybe 3 minutes on the Sudoku decided that despite some early progress it was
taking a turn for the nasty and I should just come back to it later (if at all -- which I didn't).
Incidentally, that's 2 on the STD, not 7, because I just ignored it until I finished the big Masyu-Crossword
thing with 3 minutes to spare, and was thinking "Well, I don't really have time to start another ... STD!!"
and snagged a couple extra points in the last minute or two. Felt like I made pretty good use of time,
except I managed to break the sheep/wolves the first time I tried it (erased and redid it pretty quickly),
and after spending maybe 3 minutes on the Sudoku decided that despite some early progress it was
taking a turn for the nasty and I should just come back to it later (if at all -- which I didn't).
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: 2015 USPC and Sudoku Team Qualifying Test
Started, and got 4 or 5 done before realising Scotland were playing France (RWC warm-up). So, you know, priorities...
Puzzles were a lot of fun though - will attempt the rest at a later date - Not tonight if I decide to do the LMI.
Nice to have these choices at this time of year
Puzzles were a lot of fun though - will attempt the rest at a later date - Not tonight if I decide to do the LMI.
Nice to have these choices at this time of year
Re: 2015 USPC and Sudoku Team Qualifying Test
0 points.
Slept blissfully through the whole thing due to time-zone incompatibility.
Will have a look later.
Slept blissfully through the whole thing due to time-zone incompatibility.
Will have a look later.
Re: 2015 USPC and Sudoku Team Qualifying Test
reasonably happy about my 178 but kicking myself for a tiny mistake on the masyu crossword which costed me 30 further points. When will I learn.
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: 2015 USPC and Sudoku Team Qualifying Test
Well done Tom and Heather on the USSC! Tom would have made the US A-team, and Heather would be in the US B-team.
Re: 2015 USPC and Sudoku Team Qualifying Test
Yes - quite pleased with that result considering I had a relatively bad round. I'd have been more satisfied getting closer to 300, but the general chit-chat on facebook suggests that quite a few people were struggling with the test, so I won't complain 
For the latest UK puzzle news direct to your inbox, please consider joining the UK Puzzle Association's mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter