Search found 10 matches
- Sun 01 Mar, 2026 10:25 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2026
- Replies: 12
- Views: 94381
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2026
Sudoku round 2: I think there is a typo in the German Whispers solution, R6C3 should be 3 rather than 2. Sudoku round 3: the solution to the Coded Sudoku is +---+---+---+ |763|598|124| |514|632|897| |982|417|635| +---+---+---+ |875|321|946| |439|786|251| |621|954|783| +---+---+---+ |247|863|519| |35...
- Fri 07 Jun, 2024 7:53 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UK Sudoku Championship 2024
- Replies: 12
- Views: 75905
Re: UK Sudoku Championship 2024
The Quadruple Sudoku in the IB may be impossible - the solution is certainly incorrect - R3C3-R4C4 has a clue of 1234 and an answer of 9123.
- Sun 26 Mar, 2023 4:17 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2023
- Replies: 20
- Views: 173181
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2023
Puzzle Round 5 - puzzles 7, 8 and 9 (Killer Sudoku, Imposter Killer Sudoku and Tetroscope) all have tiny print, will it be this small in the competition (so I know whether to bring my reading glasses)? Some puzzles in Round 4 have the same issue.
- Sat 13 Nov, 2021 10:41 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Division C and B 2021-22
- Replies: 33
- Views: 124116
Re: Division C and B 2021-22
The rules for Domino Hitori are missing. I assume that it's standard Hitori rules except that rather than shading individual squares you shade dominoes which must not touch orthogonally?
- Sat 23 Feb, 2019 8:52 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournaments 2019
- Replies: 26
- Views: 99713
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournaments 2019
Puzzle round 2, Four Winds / Eight Winds - does every cell in the grid have to be used?
Puzzle round 5, Pento Coral - must the pentominoes completely cover the coral i.e. must it consist of exactly 55 shaded squares?
Thanks,
Eva.
Puzzle round 5, Pento Coral - must the pentominoes completely cover the coral i.e. must it consist of exactly 55 shaded squares?
Thanks,
Eva.
- Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:43 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2018
- Replies: 33
- Views: 352892
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2018
In the instructions for Trio Cut, should the word "tetrominos" be replaced by "triominos" or is it triominos in the example but tetrominos in the puzzle?
Thanks,
Eva.
Thanks,
Eva.
- Thu 22 Oct, 2015 8:07 am
- Forum: Announcements
- Topic: UK wins the senior category for WSC and WPC
- Replies: 12
- Views: 55217
Re: UK wins the senior category for WSC and WPC
I'd like to know how to become a paid-up UKPA member too. Last time I asked I was told I had a free year for helping out at the 2014 WSC/WPC but that will have expired now.
Thanks,
Eva.
Thanks,
Eva.
- Thu 24 Jul, 2014 3:15 pm
- Forum: General Puzzle Discussions
- Topic: Simple Aptitude Question ( which i cannot solve)
- Replies: 11
- Views: 34911
Re: Simple Aptitude Question ( which i cannot solve)
The solution is only unique if you assume that there are no puppies which are not small, are not brown and do not have long hair.
- Wed 19 Mar, 2014 9:02 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournaments 29-30 March, 2014
- Replies: 27
- Views: 86035
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournaments 29-30 March, 201
Does the Screen Test mean that we need to bring a laptop?
Eva.
Eva.
- Sun 03 Mar, 2013 1:48 pm
- Forum: Announcements
- Topic: UK Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 16th - 17th March, 2013
- Replies: 15
- Views: 59413
Re: UK Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 16th - 17th March,
Is it too late for me to register? I'm having difficulty turning off my system's paranoid spam filtering so that I can receive Liane's reply to my email. If I don't receive a reply by tomorrow morning I'll try to register from my work email. Eva. If you care about the details of the filtering, see h...