2018 UKPA Open Sudoku and Open Puzzle Tournaments

UKPA announcements will be made here.
puzzlemad

2018 UKPA Open Sudoku and Open Puzzle Tournaments

Post by puzzlemad »

The UK Puzzle Association are pleased to announce the 2018 UK Open Sudoku and UK Open Puzzle Tournaments.

The Sudoku Tournament will be held on Saturday 3rd March, 2018 and the Puzzle Tournament will be held from the evening of Saturday 3rd and on Sunday 4th March, 2018. The UKPA have selected a new venue for the 2018 tournaments - the Hallmark Croydon Aerodrome Hotel.

These events will be used as part of the selection process for the UK teams for the World Sudoku Championships (WSC) and World Puzzle Championship (WPC) for 2018.

As well as the honours for the winners of both events we also have a range of prizes including best newcomer, best junior and best overseas competitor so come along and enjoy the fun whatever your skill level. Everyone is welcome, although those under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Start time on Saturday will be around 10.30 am and finish time on Sunday to be no later than 5 pm.

For further details please contact liane@ukpuzzles.org
inesrroza

Re: 2018 UKPA Open Sudoku and Open Puzzle Tournaments

Post by inesrroza »

Hi - do you have any details on how to enrol in this please?
I will be taking part on this for the first time - I did try last year but was told that it was only open to British nationals and I now finally became British so looking forward to taking part next year.
Thanks
Inés
puzzlemad

Post by puzzlemad »

Hi Inés,
I'm not sure where the misunderstanding was last year. The event is open to all nationalities but only the British nationals can be selected for the British team for the World Championships. Indeed we do generally have a few international competitors taking part from a number of countries.
Registration is straightforward - drop me an email at liane@ukpuzzles.org letting me know which events you wish to take part in along with overnight requirements and I'll add you to the list. A little closer to the time, I'll then be requesting payment.
Bely

Post by Bely »

Another British-to-be making plans to (re)join after 1 year break, this time together with a 8 month old future (British+Italian) Champion :D
puzzlemad

Post by puzzlemad »

Places are filling up rapidly for the Open Tournament. If anyone else wishes to take part, please contact myself at liane@ukpuzzles.org