UKPC Results and 2016 UK WPC Team

UKPA announcements will be made here.
PuzzleScot
Site Admin

UKPC Results and 2016 UK WPC Team

Post by PuzzleScot »

The 2016 UK Puzzle Championship is over, and the results have been published: Official results.

Congratulations to Neil Zussman on becoming UK Puzzle Champion.
Also to James McGowan and Tom Collyer for taking 2nd and 3rd places respectively.

Combining with the UK Open Puzzle Tournament results, the first choice UK team for the 2016 World Puzzle Championships is:
  • Neil Zussman
    Tom Collyer
    James McGowan
    Steven Barge
Thomas Powell and AJ Moore are reserves.

Top 3 international guests were Hideaki Jo (Japan), Endo Ken (Japan) and Robert Vollmert (Germany).
Well done, and thank-you to everyone who participated, regardless of scores.

Finally, many thanks to the puzzle authors, the testers, and of course to Liane Robinson for yet again organising the competition.
A booklet of the puzzle solutions is also available on the main contest page. (Full results, with international guests)
I hope to see many of you in Slovakia in October.
puzzlemad

Re: UKPC Results and 2016 UK WPC Team

Post by puzzlemad »

I'd like to pass my thanks on to the authors (Andrey Bogdanov, Fatih Kamer Anda, Nikola Zivanovic, Puzzler Media, Serkan Yurekli and Tawan Sunathvanichkul) and also to the test solvers (David McNeill, Fatih Kamer Anda and Nikola Zivanovic) without whom we wouldn't be able to run such a great championship.
My thanks also to David McNeill and Alan O'Donnell for proof reading for me.

I hope that everyone enjoyed taking part in the championship and I look forward to seeing several new faces at the UKPA Open Tournament in 2017.
GoldingH

Post by GoldingH »

Thanks to Liane & all others involved in running this. Some nice puzzles & an enjoyable competition (and I may even start learning how to do tapa...).
kiwijam

Post by kiwijam »

Thanks Liane, a great contest, and well done to Hideaki and Neil!
PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot »

Let's not ignore Hideaki. This was a 'harder than usual' championship, but Hideaki Jo finished all 29 puzzles with time to spare. Outstanding achievement.
furudo.erika

Post by furudo.erika »

Thank you to the puzzle authors, testers and organiser. Really enjoyed the filled pentomino type and the hidoku/slitherlink layouts worked nicely.
Nilz

Post by Nilz »

That's a ridiculously huge winning margin Hideaki had, congrats to him, and thanks to everyone involved in the organising. Definitely a tough one, not many easy points (if any!), but there was some nice logic on quite a few of them.
emma

Post by emma »

Many thanks - I may have fairly well messed it upl, but I enjoyed many of the puzzles nevertheless.