Polish puzzle championship

Information and discussion on Puzzle Competitions
sf2l

Polish puzzle championship

Post by sf2l » Thu 17 Jan, 2013 12:44 am

Next weekend the online phase of the Polish Puzzle championship will be played
The problem is that the site is only available in Polish so a bit awkward to explore.
The following is the link to the contest page .http://sfinks.org.pl/contest,17,page_90.html. The puzzle are not too dramatic to understand as most of them are classical but the answer key is not of immediate understanding
I wonder if any Polish friend (or anyone who understand Polish) can submit a quick translation.
stefano

detuned

Re: Polish puzzle championship

Post by detuned » Thu 17 Jan, 2013 11:52 am

I have tested some (most?) of the puzzles for this a little while ago, so I can probably help with questions regarding rules and such, although I'm not sure I can answer any questions about the answer keys. I can point Aga in the direction of this thread, although I'm not sure she'll have time to do any translations...

rachelinator

Post by rachelinator » Fri 18 Jan, 2013 4:50 pm

Hello,

You can find instructions (to new puzzles) and answer keys (to all the puzzles) below.

Good luck tomorrow!

1. Kakuro

Standard Kakuro rules apply.
Answer key: enter 15 digits (8 digits from 4th row followed by 7 digits from 9th column). Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

2. Masyu

Standard Masyu rules apply.
Answer key: enter 10 digits corresponding to 7th row. If a cell is empty, write 0, if the loop goes straight through the cell, write 1, if the loop turns in the cell, write 2. Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

3. Akari

Standard Akari rules apply.
Answer key: enter 14 digits (7 digits corresponding to 4th row followed by 7 digits corresponding to 3rd column). A cell with a bulb is 1, a cell without a bulb is 0. Blackened cells are not taken into consideration in answer key (omit them). Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

4. Tapa

Standard Tapa rules apply.
Answer key: enter 20 digits (10 digits from 6th row followed by 10 digits 1st column). A blackened cell is 1, empty cell (or a cell with hints) is 0. Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

5. Yajilin

Standard Yajilin rules apply.
Answer key: enter 10 digits corresponding to 4th column. If a cell is empty or blackened, write 0, if the loop goes straight through the cell, write 1, if the loop turns in the cell, write 2. Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

6. Yajilin II

Standard Yajilin rules apply.
Answer key: enter 10 digits corresponding to 4th row. If a cell is empty or blackened, write 0, if the loop goes straight through the cell, write 1, if the loop turns in the cell, write 2. Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

7. Spiral galaxy

Divide the grid into 180' symmetrical regions, so that each cell is part of only one region. Circles represent the central symmetry point of their regions.
Answer key: write number of 1-cell parts followed by a number of 3-cells part followed by the area of the biggest part. Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

8. Magic sums

Fill the grid with digits from 1 to 4, so that each row and column contains each digit exactly once. Numbers outside the grid indicate the sum of all numbers appearing in corresponding rows and columns. These numbers are separated by at least one empty cell.
Answer key: write 12 digits, 6 digits from 5th row followed by 6 digits from 4th column. Empty cell treat as 0. Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

9. Rectangles with the wall
Draw some non-overlapping rectangles (or squares) along the grid lines. Each rectangle has exactly one field with the given numbers. The numbers indicates the size of the rectangle. In addition, paint
some squares black to create a single continuous wall. Painted cells cannot form a 2x2 square or larger.
Answer key: write 20 digits, 10 digits from 6th row followed by 10 digits from 2nd column. Treat cells that belong to the rectangles as 0, blackened cells treat as 1. Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

10. Range

Fill the grid with digits from 1 to 6 so that no digit is repeated within a row/column. Numbers in the grid indicate the difference between the biggest and smallest digit in the visible cells. A digit can see others until its view is blocked with a triangled cell. If there is only one cell in sight, the number indicates the digit itself.
Answer key: Enter 14 digits, 7 digits from 7th row followed by 7 digits from 2nd column. Treat triangled cells as 0. Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

11. LITS

Standard LITS rules apply.
Answer key: Enter 20 digits, 10 digits from 6th row follow by 10 digits from 3rd column. Treat blackened cell as 1, empty cell as 0. Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

12. Fillomino

Standard Fillomino rules apply.
Answer key: Enter 10 digits from 7th row. If the is a 2-digit number, write only its unit digit. Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

13. Hashi

Standard Hashi rules apply.
Answer key: Write the number of horizontal bridges from last-but-one row followed by the number of horizontal bridges from last-but-one column. Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

14. Magnets

Standard Magnets rules apply.
Answer key: write 10 digits corresponding to 3rd row. (-) is 0, (+) is 1, a blackened cell is 2. Do not separate digits with any dots, commas, spaces or other signs.

dickoon

Post by dickoon » Fri 18 Jan, 2013 5:13 pm

Wow! Thanks for taking the time and trouble to translate these and for sharing your translations with us; much appreciated!

agabum

Post by agabum » Fri 18 Jan, 2013 7:11 pm

One more important thing: to take part in a competition you have to register first. Unfortunately our whole web page is in Polish. So if you will have any troubles or questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot » Sat 19 Jan, 2013 1:47 pm

Polish Registration page (however, the website is having issues at the moment)

Login*
Imię i nazwisko* = Real Name
E-mail*
Miasto* = City (presumably "City, Country" for international visitors)
Zawód / kierunek : Occupation/Major(?)
Data urodzenia : Date of Birth
Hasło* : Password
Powtórz hasło* : Repeat password
Zgoda : Consent [] I consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of the competition
Przepisz kod = Enter the code

sf2l

Post by sf2l » Sun 20 Jan, 2013 3:30 pm

I am under the impression that the championship has taken place while the site was down (at least for me). The contest was open only at 12.00 Polish time Yesterday
the championship file can still be downloaded ant the site announces the Sudoku qualification for next weekend.

kiwijam

Post by kiwijam » Mon 21 Jan, 2013 1:08 am

A nice set of 14 puzzles, nothing too difficult, mostly classic types. Thanks to the authors.