HALAS league tournament - sudoku and puzzle competition

Information and discussion on Puzzle Competitions
Kodyn

HALAS league tournament - sudoku and puzzle competition

Post by Kodyn » Tue 01 May, 2012 8:05 pm

Let me invite you to try our new on-line training in solving sudoku variants (jigsaw, diagonal, windoku, etc.) for the HALAS league competition which will take place on sudokucup server on 18-21 May 2012 (2 rounds of sudoku and 2 rounds of puzzles - so more than 4 hours of solving!).

New puzzle every day!

http://sudokucup.com/node/1901

The schedule of sudoku variants for this week:

01.05.2012 - Jigsaw sudoku
02.05.2012 - Diagonal sudoku
03.05.2012 - Windoku
04.05.2012 - Jigsaw sudoku
05.05.2012 - Diagonal sudoku
06.05.2012 - Windoku

detuned

Re: HALAS league tournament - sudoku and puzzle competition

Post by detuned » Wed 02 May, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks for the link - I did today's diagonal puzzle and it was of really high quality!

Kodyn

Post by Kodyn » Wed 02 May, 2012 8:38 pm

I thought that this diagonal puzzle would be medium, but I was wrong :(

Tomorrow will be Windoku, and I think that the whole TOP10 will be under 3:00 :)

Fred76

Post by Fred76 » Thu 03 May, 2012 10:28 am

Kodyn wrote:I thought that this diagonal puzzle would be medium, but I was wrong :(

Tomorrow will be Windoku, and I think that the whole TOP10 will be under 3:00 :)
Don't be sorry, Karel !
The diagonal sudoku wasn't very easy, but it was a very good grid, I like these ones and I think it's a good level for practising the techniques, not only the solving speed.

There are enough easy diagonal sudokus on internet, we need these very well constructed grids :mrgreen:

Fred

Kodyn

Post by Kodyn » Thu 03 May, 2012 10:43 am

Fred76 wrote: Don't be sorry, Karel !
The diagonal sudoku wasn't very easy, but it was a very good grid, I like these ones and I think it's a good level for practising the techniques, not only the solving speed.

There are enough easy diagonal sudokus on internet, we need these very well constructed grids :mrgreen:

Fred
It's true, that this puzzle was handmade :)

david mcneill

Post by david mcneill » Thu 03 May, 2012 11:22 am

Is it possible to solve the earlier puzzles in the series? I could only access the current Windoku puzzle.

Kodyn

Post by Kodyn » Thu 03 May, 2012 11:30 am

david mcneill wrote:Is it possible to solve the earlier puzzles in the series? I could only access the current Windoku puzzle.
I'm working on it. There will be an archive soon :)

This weekend I'm planning to start a classic sudoku on-line competition parallel to this variant's competition :)
So I hope people will play classics too.

detuned

Post by detuned » Thu 03 May, 2012 3:34 pm

Heh, couldn't quite break 3 minutes, but I did find it very hard to see the shaded windoku regions and spent some time adjusting my screen! Would it be possible to make the shading more apparent (for example like on fed sudoku) for the next puzzle?

Kodyn

Post by Kodyn » Thu 03 May, 2012 3:59 pm

detuned wrote:Heh, couldn't quite break 3 minutes, but I did find it very hard to see the shaded windoku regions and spent some time adjusting my screen! Would it be possible to make the shading more apparent (for example like on fed sudoku) for the next puzzle?
The problem is that our main numbers are black (the instructions) and the solution is dark grey. So I'm a little bit careful with the shading. There will be people who won't see the main numbers if I make it more apparent.
This design come out from the site which was very well known (sudoku-league.com) but right now it's dead :( And there weren't another variants...
FED sudoku has it's own design and it's different. I don't think I can use something from there :)

I'll try to make it a little bit darker.

I have an option to set up the whole window by the user on the wish list. So you'll be able to set up your own style. But it'll be in the future :)

Thank you for your response :)

Kodyn

Post by Kodyn » Fri 04 May, 2012 9:52 pm

detuned wrote:Heh, couldn't quite break 3 minutes, but I did find it very hard to see the shaded windoku regions and spent some time adjusting my screen! Would it be possible to make the shading more apparent (for example like on fed sudoku) for the next puzzle?
So the version v32 has it darker :) I hope you'll like it more than the previous one :)

Kodyn

Post by Kodyn » Fri 04 May, 2012 9:56 pm

http://cs.sudokucup.com/node/1907?gid=765

It's visible in the replayer so you can say if it's enough :)

detuned

Post by detuned » Sat 05 May, 2012 11:35 pm

yeah, that's much more helpful than before. I wish the same could be said of my solving skills!