UK Open Sudoku and Puzzle Championship

Information and discussion on Puzzle Competitions
drsteve

UK Open Sudoku and Puzzle Championship

Post by drsteve » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:02 pm

Just wanted to put a quick post thanking Gareth, Mike and Liane for organising an excellent weeked of puzzling. Loads of fun (Premier Inn air-conditioning notwithstaning!)

Thanks also for Chris Dickson for a quite different puzzling experience on Saturday - lots of fun and irritation at the same time, in a good way.

Nilz

Re: UK Open Sudoku and Puzzle Championship

Post by Nilz » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:16 pm

Seconded- thanks to everyone who organised any part of the weekend for making it happen. Great to see a few familiar faces, and several new ones as well. Let's hope we continue to grow and attract an even bigger crowd next time.

rodders

Post by rodders » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:18 pm

I echo that. Very enjoyable weekend. Many thanks to all involved.

PuzzlerNickG

Post by PuzzlerNickG » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:21 pm

I agree too. I had a brilliant weekend. There were plenty of excellent puzzles and the whole weekend was organised with just the right balance between formality and fun.

Well done Gareth! And well done to Mike, Liane and anyone else who helped make the championships happen.

dickoon

Post by dickoon » Sun 29 Apr, 2012 9:32 pm

Ditto! Looking forward to next year's event already; sorry that other people had to miss out on this occasion, and here's to fairer winds blowing us all together in the future. Thanks, again, to everyone who worked so hard on the event, in whatever capacity.

emma

Post by emma » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 8:12 am

Thanks all - much enjoyed.

puzzlemad

Post by puzzlemad » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 10:10 am

dickoon wrote: and here's to fairer winds blowing us all together in the future.

You can certainly say that again! - I could hardly stand up when I got home with the wind. Glad we were inside rather than outside with the marathon runners in that!

Thanks to everyone else for putting so much effort into making this weekend such a success and for everyone for turning up and making it such a fun event.

Nice to meet old and new acquaintances.

MichaelC

Post by MichaelC » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 1:21 pm

I wanted to add my thanks to everyone involved in organising the logistics, setting the puzzles etc (I understand this is especially Gareth, Mike and Liane but apologies if I've missed someone). It seemed to work out well and the puzzling was enjoyable. Sorry I had to dash off at the end - we just about made it home in time! Good to see / meet everyone and look forward to future contests / events.
Michael

detuned

Post by detuned » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:51 pm

I totally agree with all the sentiments already expressed - fantastic organisation and the quality of puzzles was definitely up there with any WPC/WSC I've been to. Great to see everyone there too, I'm definitely glad I made the decision to come!