Puzzles at the Mind Sports Olympiad in London next Friday

Information and discussion on Puzzle Competitions
Magoo

Re: Puzzles at the Mind Sports Olympiad in London next Frida

Post by Magoo » Tue 26 Aug, 2014 7:26 pm

There were 8 Kenken and 6 Sudoku, David. The Kenken were two each of 6x6, 7x7, 8x8 and 9x9. They were wildly mis-pointed, as if the easier 9x9 was easier than the harder 6x6 and some of the Sudokus. People here won't be surprised that anyone unfamiliar with lots of variant Sudoku would have struggled mightily with any oversize Kenken. As they did.

I still don't know the result either, mind you.

DavidC

Post by DavidC » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 5:32 pm

Today we learned that Mark had indeed won the gold medal - congratulations ! This gives us four years on the trot of UKPA winners. I was delighted to win bronze, neatly completing my set of medals/metals :-)

David

dickoon

Post by dickoon » Mon 02 Feb, 2015 7:18 am

The schedule for this year's MSO is up, though registration opens in April. We're going to need another thread, because this year the puzzles happen on Sunday morning!

Specifically: the annual kenken-and-sudoku event will happen from 10:15am until lunchtime on Sunday 30th August, at the JW3 centre in north-west London, which is the same location as last year. No word on prizes yet.

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot » Mon 02 Feb, 2015 11:37 am

Chris - please go ahead and make a new thread for this. I'm sure many will miss it being buried here...