The Hunt for Justice

Information and discussion on Puzzle Competitions
dickoon

The Hunt for Justice

Post by dickoon » Sat 29 Jul, 2017 7:58 pm

The Hunt for Justice is an online puzzle hunt which will take place on the evening (UK time) of Saturday October 21st. Teams play from wherever they like around the world, but must register in advance by August 1st - i.e., this Tuesday. There is an entry fee of US$90 per team (2-4 recommended, but no hard limit) which covers a box of physical props and clues shipped anywhere in the world and a donation to the Innocence Project. The authors have strong credentials and the whole event seems to have a vibe of being somewhat like an online version of DASH. I know we have some DASH players here and I don't see their teams registered for the Hunt for Justice yet, so I would hate for people to miss out through not finding out about it in time...

detuned

Re: The Hunt for Justice

Post by detuned » Sat 29 Jul, 2017 10:30 pm

Specifically the hunt seems to be 1pm to 9pm EST. Which I make as 6pm to 2am here in the UK

It is worth noting that the 21st October is during the WSC/WPC in India, so that might affect participation a bit from this parish.

dickoon

Re: The Hunt for Justice

Post by dickoon » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 8:20 pm

A good point well made. I observe, only mostly tongue in cheek, that the hunt would be 1:30am to 9:30am Indian Standard Time on the early hours of Sunday 22nd October when the championships are over and people have no further plans on the Sunday apart from departures. Assuming there's good Internet access over there, why not play from India? You're sure to be in good company with people who would be very interested to see the puzzles...!