DASH 7 puzzle hunt: May 30th

Information and discussion on Puzzle Competitions
dickoon

DASH 7 puzzle hunt: May 30th

Post by dickoon » Fri 03 Apr, 2015 12:23 pm

Registration has opened for the DASH 7 puzzle hunt, which is taking place simultaneously in multiple cities across the USA - and also, for the third time, in London! The hunt starts at 10am on Saturday 30th May in a central London location to be confirmed. There will be space for just 25 teams, each of 3-5 players, and 11 of the spaces have already been filled within 48 hours. More details are available at the DASH 7 web site. The cost is £25 per team, plus 8.5% booking fee.

DASH ("Different Area, Same Hunt") involves solving a variety of creative puzzles hidden in different locations, putting the clues together as you go to solve a metapuzzle. It's a casual race that's accessible for all-comers: your puzzling time is recorded, but travelling time doesn't count. For the last two years, it's been one of the highlights of my year, and I know there are other UKPA members who have played it and enjoyed it as well. You might compare it to Puzzled Pint with higher production values and slightly deeper puzzles.

margonn

Re: DASH 7 puzzle hunt: May 30th

Post by margonn » Fri 10 Apr, 2015 3:38 pm

Would this be around certain parts of USA? I mean, we will be travelling too, right? Me and my friends would love to join! :)
Ekbacke Puzzle Club President

Magoo

Post by Magoo » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi Margonn. Yes, in London and many US cities.

margonn

Post by margonn » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 5:48 pm

Oh, I see. In that case we might join! Do we sign up at the link you provided? Thank you for taking time to reply magoo :)
Ekbacke Puzzle Club President