UK Puzzle League 2020-2021

Information and discussion on Puzzle Competitions
pinkagape

UK Puzzle League 2020-2021

Post by pinkagape » Sun 06 Sep, 2020 6:48 pm

We’re going to have a UK Puzzle League to give all of us something to aim for. All UK puzzlers are welcome to join a division and compete in monthly puzzles over six months to decide division winners and an overall UK League Champion.

If you have not competed regularly in the past, Division D is for you. Each month will have a set of a single type of puzzles for you to complete against the clock.
If you’re looking for more challenge, we have Division C which will have a mix of UK set puzzles and some of the other open online competitions, and Divisions A and B which will take their scores from open online competitions.

If you would like to compete, please send an email containing your name, your UKPA username and the division you would expect to be in, to adam@ukpuzzles.org to register your interest. Your recent record in UK competitions, Puzzle Grand Prix and Puzzle Ramayan will determine your initial division. If you think you have other relevant experience and would like this to be considered in your division placement, please include this in your email. Divisions will be formed on 15th October, so please register your interest by then.

Round 1 of Division D will be on the weekend containing 10th October and will focus on Fillomino puzzles. We’ll post practice puzzles throughout September for you to develop your skills. Divisions A, B and C will commence later in the year, and a more detailed schedule will be published once the divisions are formed.

detuned

Re: UK Puzzle League 2020-2021

Post by detuned » Tue 08 Sep, 2020 11:18 pm

Can we register our interest here as well? If so, I’d like to register my interest, although I’d caveat that I have more interest currently in the UK set puzzles than I do in the other open competitions.

Well done on showing some much needed initiative Adam :)

pinkagape

Post by pinkagape » Wed 09 Sep, 2020 3:57 am

Hi Tom

Yes, I’m happy for interested UK puzzlers to register their interest here if they’d prefer.

A reminder that I require your name, your UKPA username and which division you expect to be in.

The UK created puzzles will still be available to competitors in higher divisions, don’t worry!

pinkagape

Post by pinkagape » Sat 12 Sep, 2020 7:04 pm

Anyone who is considering joining but unsure about Fillomino can check the Puzzle Rules and Tips board to see the rules and try some examples.

emma

Post by emma » Tue 15 Sep, 2020 6:44 pm

It would be good to have some easy-to-find publicity for the beginners' division that we can point people at - front page of the website, for instance. It makes it easier to share on Facebook/Twitter if we can give a link where people can find something. It might be most useful to have something that is mainly about Division D and adds something saying to look here for information about the higher divisions.