Janko.at

Links to puzzle sites all around the web
PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Janko.at

Post by PuzzleScot » Sat 19 Jun, 2010 9:38 am

This link should be in every puzzler's bookmarks - Angela und Otto Janko

There you will find a large collection of puzzles solvable online using their applets.
eg, for Masyu, there are presently 260 graded puzzles to solve.

They have also kindly offered a link to Google Translate to help with understanding the German instructions.
However, for those puzzles with applets, the applets will only work while the German text is displayed.

Maxelkat

Re: Janko.at

Post by Maxelkat » Wed 22 Sep, 2010 3:56 pm

I agree this is a great site.
In fact Otto kindly wrote an app for my 'Zipline' puzzles which you'll find on the site.

Elliott

Mephisto

Post by Mephisto » Tue 24 May, 2011 7:29 pm

"They have also kindly offered a link to Google Translate to help with understanding the German instructions." --

In the last few days I translated all 120+ puzzle rules to English. Hopefully I did a better job than Google Translate does. If not, blame my English teacher ;-)

(However, suggestions and corrections are welcome!)

arronbruno

Post by arronbruno » Wed 21 Aug, 2013 12:28 pm

PuzzleScot wrote:
They have also kindly offered a link to Google Translate to help with understanding the German instructions that can be accessed here. Let me know what you think.
However, they offered a link to Google Translate to help with understanding the German instruction. If we use the Chrome Browser, what will be happened? It is batter translating, isn't it?
Last edited by arronbruno on Mon 21 Oct, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot » Wed 21 Aug, 2013 3:25 pm

If you want to convert to Bengali, use Google translate.
I have no idea what linguistic functionality Chrome has.

Otherwise, as mentioned above, English instructions are available on the site.

(@arronbruno - please correct your resident/representative nations on your profile, or it will be deleted)

Mephisto

Post by Mephisto » Wed 21 Aug, 2013 3:52 pm

Bengali works fine:

প্রহেলিকা, পাজল ও অন্যান্য অনলাইন ধাঁধা (সমাধান সঙ্গে)
এখানে আপনি শত এক ওভার পঞ্চাশ-পরিচিত এবং বিশ্বের পাজল পরিচিত ধরনের স্বল্প মধ্যে সমাধান সঙ্গে লজিক পাজল, সংখ্যা পাজল, riddles এবং অন্যান্য পাজল এবং ভাষা পাজল অনেক হাজার হাজার পাবেন. সমস্ত ক্রীড়া প্রেমীদের জন্য মস্তিষ্ক খাদ্য. পাজল অনলাইন হয় মীমাংসিত বা প্রিন্ট করা যাবে.

(Obviously Google does not know the Bengali word for "Rätsel" and used the English word "riddle" instead; but this is a mis-translation and Google should have used "puzzle". The German word "Rätsel" has both meanings, puzzle and riddle.)

The translation funtion is indepedent of the browser used; I did the above translation with Google Chrome. For other languages than .en, .fr, .it and .es click on the blue UN-flag.

Traslation to English is still useful because I translated only the rules to English, not all the other stuff.