New UK puzzle event calendar

Links to puzzle sites all around the web
dickoon

New UK puzzle event calendar

Post by dickoon » Sun 23 Mar, 2014 10:26 pm

I have recently started Exit Games UK, because there are increasing numbers of puzzly room escape games like Hint Hunt, ClueQuest and so on around the UK and Ireland and no site which has links to all of them.

However, the exit games are only part of the focus of the site; I'm also focusing on puzzle events, puzzle hunts and other related topics - mostly the slightly-off-topic stuff that I nevertheless post here. My guess is that there are going to be more people interested in the exit games than the puzzle events, so hopefully the site can draw people into our sides of the UK puzzle hobby. One key part of the site is the puzzle event calendar with links to UK in-person events and online hunts particularly likely to be of interest to UK solvers.

The front page of the site also contains the site's blog, where I write about exit games, puzzle events and more. For instance, I've already previewed the UK Open tournaments next weekend and the 24 hour Puzzle Championship this weekend. I'd be very happy indeed to feature further previews, news and reviews of UKPA events and other related contests, hopefully to continue to help spread the word to the masses.

If you know of any other UK/Irish exit games or puzzle events that I'm missing, please send the details through!

kiwijam

Re: New UK puzzle event calendar

Post by kiwijam » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 1:28 am

Very interesting Chris.

I have never played an exit game, but learnt that there were a few in Beijing so was investigating that last year, before eventually deciding that language might be too much of an issue there.

However with 200 people arriving in August that might be attuned to this concept, perhaps there might be options to organise a discount at a London venue, and/or have it mentioned to the WPC/WSC competitors, or offer to match-make some international 'teams' as a social activity?

dickoon

Re: New UK puzzle event calendar

Post by dickoon » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:43 am

I like the way you're thinking, and am trying to make relevant friends as quickly as I can - especially with companies (plural) who sell franchises for their own exit games to potential business owners around the world, and who might be interested in access to a worldwide audience of the most puzzle-interested people on the planet. No promises, but I hope the subtext is clear!