Only Connect - contestant call

Discuss all puzzle-related subject here
PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Only Connect - contestant call

Post by PuzzleScot » Sat 12 Jan, 2013 2:02 pm

I received an email from a researcher at Only Connect.
I’m contacting you from the Only Connect team because at present we are looking for contestants for the new series of Only Connect and I wondered if you or any quizzers you may know from the UK Puzzle Association might be interested in applying?

I wondered if you would be able to pass on the attached flyer, with details of our appeal for contestants and how to apply for the next series of “Only Connect”. We would be very grateful if it could be circulated in your workplace and to as many colleagues, friends and family as possible. Please feel free to print copies to place on notice boards.

Also, if you would like to include the details on your website, facebook page or twitter, please do so, you can use the attached flyers (in PDF and Word) and the following link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/show ... y_connect7

Please be aware that the deadline for applications is 2 weeks today – 25th January.
If you would like more information please call or email me direct. Some further information about the show as well as the online game can be found here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/onlyconnect/quiz/

Kind Regards
Sian Jones
Attachments
ONLY CONNECT 2013 Flyer.pdf
Only Connect 2013 Flyer
(535.26 KiB) Downloaded 441 times

detuned

Re: Only Connect - contestant call

Post by detuned » Sat 12 Jan, 2013 3:38 pm

Although I'm a little busy at the moment, I'd potentially be up for giving this a go, if anyone else here is interested?

nickdeller

Post by nickdeller » Sat 12 Jan, 2013 9:23 pm

Have wanted to have a go for years and never quite got my act together with a team. Interested.

puzzlemad

Post by puzzlemad » Sun 13 Jan, 2013 7:51 am

Would be willing to make a team up, but I don't think that I'd be much use at it - I'm sure that there will be more than enough for a team from the rest of you that would be better than me. Might also be difficult to get the time from work.

DavidC

Post by DavidC » Thu 17 Jan, 2013 12:04 am

I'm interested in participating - my particular advantage is being called David

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot » Thu 17 Jan, 2013 8:13 pm

Sounds like you have a team! Go apply - I look forward to watching the episode when it comes :)

nickdeller

Post by nickdeller » Fri 18 Jan, 2013 12:08 pm

We may have minor "Someone actually taking charge so we get the form filled out and submitted" issues. :D

puzzlemad

Post by puzzlemad » Fri 18 Jan, 2013 5:08 pm

nickdeller wrote:We may have minor "Someone actually taking charge so we get the form filled out and submitted" issues. :D
Sounds like you've nominated yourself Nick - well done!

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot » Sat 19 Jan, 2013 2:11 pm

Nick, I got the application form on your behalf, and sent it to you by email. Good luck all!

nickdeller

Post by nickdeller » Sat 19 Jan, 2013 3:44 pm

Good thing I've found a thoroughly reliable subcontractor then! ;) Watch this space...

detuned

Post by detuned » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 2:55 pm

Quick update on this: me, Nick and Gareth got our heads together and are heading down for an audition on Saturday. We've had a couple of skype sessions with the online game, and the chances are we might not be completely useless!

detuned

Post by detuned » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 3:28 pm

Another quick update, I thought we did quite well with the audition, and the production people seemed to take a shine to us (much more so than, say, the people I met at the Brightest Briton audition). We briefly mentioned the UKPA, and they remembered Neil from when he was on the show. As I've mentioned elsewhere I also got the chance to distribute a paper copy of some of the Sudoku I've been working on recently - indeed they seemed quite impressed - so I suppose if nothing else they were aware of the sorts of things we do. Not sure when we hear back from them, but I think we've got at leats some grounds for optimism for getting a UKPA t-shirt on telly again soon :)

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 8:47 pm

Well done Tom. Best of luck!

I've been trying some walls on their website. I've not got full marks on any yet! (In fact, on some, I got nothing!)
[edit: I have now!]