Another Olympic Puzzle

Discuss all puzzle-related subject here
kiwijam

Another Olympic Puzzle

Post by kiwijam » Sat 11 Aug, 2012 11:10 am

I was also inspired to make a puzzle, and after two weeks of playing I've finished it in time for the closing ceremony!
I liked Tom's idea to have 5 grids, and so I've put five different loop puzzles in them as a vague reference to the Olympic rings.
The puzzle, its instructions and a solution checker are at http://www.logic-masters.de/Raetselport ... &id=0001H2.
This is the first puzzle I've constructed and published, now I've got a new-found respect for how long other constructors must take to make these things. :?
Any feedback welcome, I hope it's not too hard or easy. If you can figure out what's happening in the zones where the different rules overlap, then it breaks into 5 small puzzles...

detuned

Re: Another Olympic Puzzle

Post by detuned » Sat 11 Aug, 2012 11:42 pm

Wow - had a lot of fun with this one. I thought I'd try and short cut things with the intersection areas immediately, but there was more subtlety there that. Also nice to come across black pearl again!

What I will say re construction is that a medley of 5 like that is certainly harder work than putting together 5 puzzles individually. I thought you pulled this one off really well!