Missing pieces for Kingdom of Mountains puzzle

Discuss all puzzle-related subject here
Xzoltan

Missing pieces for Kingdom of Mountains puzzle

Post by Xzoltan » Thu 17 May, 2012 5:01 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, and basicly just posting this on all the puzzle forums I can find, remotely related to normal puzzles.

First of all, here is a picture of the puzzle I'm talking about.

Anyways, I'm missing some pieces for this puzzle. The manufacturer of this has a lost pieces service, but to use it, you require what they call a registration number. The registration number is on the bottom half of the box, which I threw out ages ago, so I don't have this number anymore. My request is for someone, not needing any extra pieces, to give me their number. Now I'll be honest, I don't know if this number can be used several times, but I know it can be used for up to 16 pieces. But I don't know if it's a one time use only, up to 16 pieces. Anyways, this number is 10 or 11 digits long (Usually 11), in a format like this: xxxxx/xxxxxx or xxxx/xxxxxx.

I'd greatly apreciate anyones help, or if anyone could direct me to another/better forum to ask my questions, I'd also apreciate it. Thanks in advance!

nickdeller

Re: Missing pieces for Kingdom of Mountains puzzle

Post by nickdeller » Fri 18 May, 2012 1:29 pm

Not strictly in our remit, but I'll have a go anyway. :-)

I've looked at the website on the image you posted, and I think you would ideally need the number from YOUR box. Because of the way jigsaws are made, even the exact same piece from a later pressing of the puzzle probably wouldn't be an precise match - it's the same principle where two cans of paint made at two different times may be slightly different. The second part of the number is what tells them which pressing they need to take the pieces from.

I'd really recommend using their General Questions feedback form to get advice - you'll likely find that they can guide you in far enough to get 'near enough' pieces with the information you have, and 'near enough' might still be near enough!

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot » Fri 18 May, 2012 1:48 pm

Firstly, while you're here - go explore the type of puzzles we interest ourselves in - You'll find them more mentally nourishing than jigsaws (which I do like, by the way)

You have a couple of options.
1) If you just want a nice picture for your wall, you can get a 16"x20" Matted Fujix Print from the original photographer for $80.
2) If you really want to pursue the jigsaw route, either do what Nick suggested above, or find someone who you know has the puzzle.
For example here or here.
Good luck.

Xzoltan

Post by Xzoltan » Fri 18 May, 2012 6:12 pm

nickdeller wrote:Not strictly in our remit, but I'll have a go anyway. :-)

I've looked at the website on the image you posted, and I think you would ideally need the number from YOUR box. Because of the way jigsaws are made, even the exact same piece from a later pressing of the puzzle probably wouldn't be an precise match - it's the same principle where two cans of paint made at two different times may be slightly different. The second part of the number is what tells them which pressing they need to take the pieces from.

I'd really recommend using their General Questions feedback form to get advice - you'll likely find that they can guide you in far enough to get 'near enough' pieces with the information you have, and 'near enough' might still be near enough!
I came to pretty much the same conclussio you did, the number is rather unique. But then again, I'm also thinking, how many different kinds of the same puzzle do they have? I guess I'll try and write them again (I didn't get an answer for over a week now), thanks for the suggestions.
PuzzleScot wrote:Firstly, while you're here - go explore the type of puzzles we interest ourselves in - You'll find them more mentally nourishing than jigsaws (which I do like, by the way)

You have a couple of options.
1) If you just want a nice picture for your wall, you can get a 16"x20" Matted Fujix Print from the original photographer for $80.
2) If you really want to pursue the jigsaw route, either do what Nick suggested above, or find someone who you know has the puzzle.
For example here or here.
Good luck.
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, if I just wanted the picture, and had 80 bucks to spend, I'd probably buy another copy of the puzzle and just lay it again, or see if I could find the missing pieces. I do want them on my wall yes, but mainly because I think it's fun, and because if I don't use them for something, I might as well throw it out. I'm not going to do the same puzzle twice :) Thanks for the examples, unfortunately, they are both in spanish (I believe), and I don't speak a word of it :)