Merry Christmas

Discuss all puzzle-related subject here
BohemianCoast

Merry Christmas

Post by BohemianCoast » Sat 24 Dec, 2011 6:12 pm

Hope you're having a lovely puzzling time.

Another of the denizens here suggested you'd all like to see my family Christmas card -- I nicked the general *idea* off a card that Muji did this year, but the design is my own (my first puzzle design). It is not very hard by the standards of these things. http://pics.livejournal.com/bohemiancoast/pic/0008ee8y

Hope you have a lovely and peaceful holiday.

kiwijam

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by kiwijam » Wed 28 Dec, 2011 2:41 am

Wow, that is a great puzzle Alison, with a very pleasing solution. (I did it in Paint actually, marked off the dead-ends and at each new colour box, then used the paint-pot to fill it in. Had no idea what to expect until the end.) Nice art skills, and the puzzle was well done too. Merry Xmas!

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot » Fri 30 Dec, 2011 2:46 pm

Agreed! Excellent work. I hope that was on your (DIY) Christmas cards this year!!
(I used PaintShopPro - alternating paintbrush and colour-dropper)

BohemianCoast

Post by BohemianCoast » Sun 22 Jan, 2012 2:19 am

Thanks for the kind thoughts -- yes, that was the Christmas card that went to friends and family. I don't know how many people took the time to solve it; I had a couple of beta-testers, and about half a dozen people told me that they had done it. By far the easiest way was to print it off and use coloured pencils. But that would be low tech.