World's hardest Sudoku and it’s a 2 x 2: Can you crack it?

Discuss all puzzle-related subject here
detuned

Re: World's hardest Sudoku and it’s a 2 x 2: Can you crack i

Post by detuned » Sat 07 Jun, 2014 9:14 am

I know of a lot of difficult sudoku puzzles, and I'd be 99.99% confident in saying that yours will not be amongst the worlds hardest. How about you go away and solve all of these puzzles:

http://www.aisudoku.com/en/AIsudoku_Top10s1_en.pdf

and then repeat your claim. If not, I'd politely suggest you change the title of this thread.

detuned

Post by detuned » Sat 07 Jun, 2014 10:53 pm

I fear the numbers are against you. There are only 288 valid 4x4 sudoku solutions, most of which are just permuting the numbers or row/column swaps. There are precisely two combinatorially distinct solutions.

I freely admit to not solving the puzzles in the link above. It's simply a waste of time. You could spend several hours doing trial and error and get nowhere with them. You aren't going to spend too much time taking the same approach to a 4x4 grid!

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 1:29 pm

Sorry Lajo - your ramblings here are irritating at best. If you have something to show us, show it. If not, please go elsewhere.
Nothing you have said so far is of any interest to anyone here, and I am hovering over 'delete account & posts' beside your name...

apollo1001

Post by apollo1001 » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 4:56 pm

If you have a new puzzle concept then explain the rules and we can judge it fairly to give you an indication as to whether your claim is anywhere near true. Telling us you have a concept without describing it, or even showing an example merely irritates as PuzzleScot has correctly stated. Based on the limited information you have given (which in itself is contradictory: world's hardest = child's play?!) detuned is also correct in stating your claim is VERY unlikely.

In short, come back when you have something to offer us - in the meantime, your time spent posting here could be better spent writing correct code so you don't need as long debugging it.

kiwijam

Post by kiwijam » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 11:03 pm

Everything I've read so far sounds like a standard sudoku app written by non-sudoku players. :|
There's been two further ramblings since the first warning. We all have better things to spend our time doing.
If it's world-changing we can find out after it's released...?

edderiofer

Post by edderiofer » Mon 23 Jun, 2014 4:11 pm

I found this image on a different forum in which Lajo posted. Apparently there is a target score, which is surprising. Methinks that might just be the gimmick en is using.

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 8:44 am

At this point, I'm guessing you may find this puzzle too hard...
. 1 | . .
. . | . 2
----+----
4 . | . .
. . | 3 .

uvo

Post by uvo » Tue 24 Jun, 2014 11:08 pm

Stop making these announcements, please. Show us one of these supposedly hard puzzles or don't, but the way you present yourself at the moment is just annoying.

detuned

Post by detuned » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 1:35 pm

what thorough nonsense. The idea that anyone can lay claim to a set of rules to a puzzle is nonsense and stupidity of the very highest order. If you disagree, tell me why no-one owns the rights to the rules of sudoku?

The only intellectual property at stake is your app, which no-one can see until you release it; and the name you have given to it, which you have already released. Even then, laying trademarks against the name of your puzzle is almost certainly counter-productive. Nikoli trademark Sudoku in Japan, where everyone else just calls it Nanpure. Imagine how much difficulty you'd have in marketing your app if "sudoku" had dozens of proprietary names...

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 11:37 pm

Lajo is gone, and all his posts deleted.
I decided he was promoting a commercial application, which is clearly against the rules of this forum.

kiwijam

Post by kiwijam » Thu 26 Jun, 2014 2:13 am

Thanks Alan.

edderiofer

Post by edderiofer » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 1:00 pm

Now that the guy's actually put his app on the app store, the rules are as such:
  • A completed Sudoku grid has been scrambled by shifting the rows and columns cyclically, in some order. Reconstruct the Sudoku grid by shifting them back in the fewest possible number of moves.
That's literally all there is to this game. It's boring and un-fun, and is less of a Sudoku than "[another crappy app]".

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 10:58 am

edderiofer wrote: "[another crappy app]".
An enjoyable summary of sudoku based apps! very good.