App for Alzheimers

If this is your first visit, please introduce yourself and read the forum rules
Time

App for Alzheimers

Post by Time » Wed 21 Nov, 2012 9:57 am

Hi. I hope I'm not offending anyone by being as blatant as this... I've invented a puzzle App to raise money for Alzheimers and need help promoting it to the right sort of people - puzzle fans. There's a prize of at least £2,500 to the first to complete it. And it's a tough puzzle! It's called Cryptic Crystals. Any help appreciated. And good luck!

apollo1001

Re: App for Alzheimers

Post by apollo1001 » Wed 21 Nov, 2012 9:01 pm

Okay, so I thought I would give this a try but...

1. Register Screen just sits there saying 'Please Wait'. No idea of progress... The 'Continue' button makes you feel a bit better that it hasn't completely crashed, but does nothing. Upon quickly pressing it a few times a 'Already registered' message appears.

2. Login Screen also sits there saying ' Please Wait'. This time, the continue button does nothing.

3. Training: 'Play Game' gives a completed puzzle - how are you meant to 'play' this...

4. Training: Upon completing a 'Random Puzzle' you get no notification other than the subtle 'Incomplete' to 'Complete'. No changes in colour, no pop up saying congratulations, nothing! In addition, you the have to click the 'pause' button and select 'quit' to leave the puzzle. Rather than taking you back to the level select screen, this then takes you back to the homepage!

5. Scoreboard is another 'please wait' timetwaster, but this time even the back arrow doesn't work! so you have to crash the app to get out of it.

What a waste of £1.99....

I have posted this feedback on the site's forum (consisting of 3 members, myself now included :roll: ) but thought I would share here to save any other UKPA readers wasting their money.

Small

Post by Small » Sat 24 Nov, 2012 10:12 pm

Hello,

I bought this app. before reading the above comment, and have to say I've had none of your problems =/. It hasn't frozen on me and, true, it didn't change colour or anything when I completed the demo thing but it didn't really take much genius to realise.. =P.
Anyway, thanks for sharing this Time! I'm thoroughly hooked, and it's immensely tricky but I'm pretty determined =]. I also encourage other UKPA users to take a look ..mainly really because I want the jackpot to be as big as possible when I win it =P. No, really, have a look =].

Thanks!
Jessie Small,
X

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Post by PuzzleScot » Sun 25 Nov, 2012 9:18 am

This really isn't on topic for this forum, but is British, and puzzle related, so thought I'd let it run anyway. However...
I strongly suspect 'Small' and 'Time' are in fact the same person.
UKPA does not endorse, or wish to be associated with this product in any way.