Hello from Edinburgh

If this is your first visit, please introduce yourself and read the forum rules
Darth Florist

Hello from Edinburgh

Post by Darth Florist » Tue 06 Dec, 2011 12:05 am

Hello - I'm Darth Florist, from Edinburgh. I'm not a Jock, being 1/4 English and 3/4 Welsh.
Yes, it's a strange handle, but it'll take TOO long to explain.
I've loved puzzles for years, moreso since someone gave me a huge batch of "Tough Puzzles" magazines/pamphlets (published by BEAP of Hammersmith) nearly 30 years ago. I was also influenced by a puzzle that appeared in the Edinburgh Evening News in the mid 1980's. It had a 'defect' it it, so I modified it a little. Once I got the hang of it, I composed (or compiled - I don't know the correct word) over 100 of them, which were later published in "Tough Puzzles", under the title "Filling In". In essence, they were 3 x 3 numerical crosswords. I have since developed a 4 x 4 variant where some of the individual sums/equations read forwards and backwards, but with different answers, giving a somewhat strange appearence. I hope to give these puzzles a debut on this forum, as they have occupied my mind for over 15 years, but that depends if I can attach a Word Doc or an XL spreadsheet to a post........oh, I can. Jolly good!

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Edinburgh

Post by PuzzleScot » Tue 06 Dec, 2011 1:04 am

Excellent! Welcome "Darth". We look forward to seeing some of your puzzles in the near future...
I was quite excited for a moment that we'd found a second Scottish puzzler. Alas, close... 8-)

Darth Florist

Re: Hello from Edinburgh

Post by Darth Florist » Tue 06 Dec, 2011 11:12 pm

PuzzleScot wrote:I was quite excited for a moment that we'd found a second Scottish puzzler. Alas, close... 8-)
Well, apart from a 3-year gap from 2001-2004, I have lived & worked in Edinburgh since 1974. Surely that's close enough! :mrgreen: