Elliott Line

If this is your first visit, please introduce yourself and read the forum rules
Maxelkat

Elliott Line

Post by Maxelkat » Thu 19 Aug, 2010 6:13 am

Hi I'm Elliott Line. I live and work in Coventry.
I'm a Draughtsman, Football (Goalkeeper), Actor (Not very good), Mathematician (all great mathematics has been discovered by under 30s, so I'm past it), Frequenter of Comedy Gigs, Hubby to Helen, Daddy to Alyssa, Master of one dog, Servant of three cats.
I am also the editor of a puzzle periodical for International Mensa called 'Enigma'. I have around 400 readers but that total is rising all the time (when I took over as editor two years ago there were only 160 members). The idea is that the members contribute puzzles, which are then printed five times a year for all the other members to try. What actually happens is that I write most of the thing myself, and have only a small handful of loyal contributors.
When I took over as editor my plan was to provide Logic puzzles, Word puzzles and Number puzzles in roughly equal amounts, whereas in reality there are disproportionately few Logic problems (I guess people find them more difficult to construct - I know I do). One recurring logic puzzle in Enigma is one of my own devising: Zipline. Some examples of this type can be found at http://www.janko.at/Raetsel/Zipline/index.htm.
In Enigma we recently ran an article about the UK Puzzle Association, and printed some sample puzzles, in the hope that this might stimulate interest among my readership in the UK Puzzle Association and in culture-neutral Logic problems in general.

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Re: Elliott Line

Post by PuzzleScot » Thu 19 Aug, 2010 8:10 am

Welcome Elliott!

Thanks again for the UKPA write-up - let's see how smart those Mensans really are!
I hope you find plenty of puzzles you'll enjoy in or via this site.

Alan