Kiwijam

If this is your first visit, please introduce yourself and read the forum rules
kiwijam

Kiwijam

Post by kiwijam » Wed 01 Jun, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi all,

Although I've been a 'casual puzzler' for years, entering the German Optimizing Competition was about the only time I got serious with it.
Then earlier this year I stumbled across Crocopuzzle, and LMI, and UKPA, and it dawned on me that there is a community out there and a lot of things going on. So now I find myself puzzling all the time. It's been a hard transition though from mulling over every logical possibility to aiming for fastest times.
I'm a UK citizen, living in New Zealand. In Christchurch specifically - we had the big quake in February just as I was getting stuck into a quick crocopuzzle - lost power for the rest of the day, although I eventually submitted an answer around midnight! My house was in one of the less-affected areas luckily.
Anyway I hope to chat with you more in these forums, and join in the croco-ladder too.

James

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Re: Kiwijam

Post by PuzzleScot » Thu 02 Jun, 2011 12:06 am

You are very welcome James!

Your story takes me (and probably all of us) back to our early days of puzzling, with a warm smile 8-)
Times and ratings are not important - only that you enjoy this new world you have discovered...

The earthquake was a terrible tragedy, which I hope you weren't too affected by. It is a shame the world has largely forgotten it with the indescribable tragedy in Japan eclipsing it so shortly after.

I look forward to seeing you on the croco ladder in the next week or so.

dickoon

Re: Kiwijam

Post by dickoon » Thu 02 Jun, 2011 7:28 am

Oh, wow! Everyone remembers where they were at crucial moments, like the quake for those in Chch, so your tale is going to be an unusual one. Glad to see you here, though, James!