Stephen Tavener

If this is your first visit, please introduce yourself and read the forum rules
mrraow

Stephen Tavener

Post by mrraow » Thu 12 May, 2011 10:14 am

Hi! I'm a long-time fan of Nikoli puzzles, especially Slitherlink, occasional boardgame designer, computer programmer. I have just gone back to university to do a PhD in AI, which will cover general game playing and some elements of procedural puzzle generation.

dickoon

Re: Stephen Tavener

Post by dickoon » Thu 12 May, 2011 5:56 pm

mrraow wrote:Hi! I'm a long-time fan of Nikoli puzzles, especially Slitherlink, occasional boardgame designer, computer programmer. I have just gone back to university to do a PhD in AI, which will cover general game playing and some elements of procedural puzzle generation.
*waves* Hello! I hadn't realised you were, er, you until I took the survey, solved a few puzzles, investigated the survey, looked at the names of the people involved in the "UCT for Games and beyond" project, didn't recognise any of them (!), started browsing Cameron Browne's site, found his CV, found that he was supervising you, came back here, saw the username and thought "Ahhhh! That must be you". (And then went back to the list of names of people involved in the project and slapped my own forehead.)

Is your work on Zillions all those years ago useful towards your PhD now? How's the Tai Chi going? Can we interest you in lots of other Nikoli-type-ish-ish puzzles which you may not have previously encountered?

Um, I should probably take this off the boards and into private e-mail, but I certify mrraow to be a Bloody Nice Bloke.