Introduction DDG29

If this is your first visit, please introduce yourself and read the forum rules
DDG29

Introduction DDG29

Post by DDG29 » Tue 08 Feb, 2011 1:05 am

By way of introduction, I am an American computer security engineer who likes all kinds of puzzles. A few years ago I thought it would be really cool if there was a puzzle that combined the positional logic of Sudoku with the mathematical factoring logic of Kakuro. After doodling around with several different designs, I found that you could get some really interesting results with a grid of octagons. The result, now a couple of years in development, is a puzzle I call the OCTO. Sample puzzles and an interactive version are available at http://www.octo-puzzle.com. I am always interested in feedback.

I noticed there was going to be a UK Puzzler's Convention later this month. I would love to provide some OCTO puzzles to attendees for their puzzling enjoyment...

ronaldx

Re: Introduction DDG29

Post by ronaldx » Thu 10 Feb, 2011 9:43 pm

I don't know if anyone replied to this privately, but I'm sure that the UKPA would appreciate the opportunity to try out some puzzles.

I most likely won't be there, but try e-mailing your suggestion/puzzles to Alan: chairman@ukpuzzles.org

Thanks!!
Ronald

DDG29

Re: Introduction DDG29

Post by DDG29 » Sat 12 Feb, 2011 4:35 am

Ronald,

Thanks for the response. I'll get in touch with Alan this weekend.

Best,
Doug Gardner