** Welcome! Please read me first **

If this is your first visit, please introduce yourself and read the forum rules
Administrator

** Welcome! Please read me first **

Post by Administrator » Tue 29 Jun, 2010 10:37 am

Hello fellow puzzler, and welcome to the discussion forum of the UK Puzzle Association. (link back to main site)

This forum is for the discussion of WPC/WSC style puzzles, and matters relating to the UK competing in international puzzling competitions.

For the uninitiated, these puzzles are language/culture neutral logically solvable problems, samples of which can be found on the main site, and are found at the World Puzzle Championships, World Sudoku Championships, and a host of competitive puzzle sites. (see 'Links' forum)

So, please introduce yourself, with a new post here, to our (currently small) group, stating what interest/experience you have in puzzling, and any other information that might be of interest to everyone else.

Discussion of other puzzle types (eg, riddles, crosswords, board games) or off-topic conversations should be done elsewhere.

Thanks.

PuzzleScot
Site Admin

Re: ** Welcome! Please read me first **

Post by PuzzleScot » Fri 02 Sep, 2011 8:34 am

If you have not done so yet, you should register (free) as a user of these forums.

Benefits of registration:
- See read/unread topics at a glance
- Set up topic/forum tracking, and be alerted of new messages that are important to you
- Receive a monthly newsletter of puzzle news and a schedule of upcoming puzzle/sudoku contests (UK registrants only at present)
- Receive occasional important announcements regarding World Puzzling by email (everyone)
- Participate in competitions hosted on ukpuzzles.org
- Participate in the UK Puzzle/Sudoku ratings
- Help, or ask for help on any aspect of puzzles (inc. sudoku & variants)
- Be part of the number one English-language puzzle community on the internet!

Welcome.

Alan O'Donnell
Chairman, UK Puzzle Association
http://www.ukpuzzles.org/