Screaming Hellos!

If this is your first visit, please introduce yourself and read the forum rules

Screaming Hellos!

Postby AdrianUn » Mon 02 Mar, 2015 5:02 pm

Is there a software or an app on Google Android perhaps that I can use to create puzzles for kids? It's a project at school, which I'm trying to get off the ground.I've been documenting the progress on my blog about it.

But what I want to do is get the puzzle to run on a tablet, and have young kids work in a group to solve the puzzle. They don't necessarily have to be in the same room. I think this will have loads of impact in how kids learn and associate teamwork, by first working alone, and then working together in a group in the same place.

Sounds fun?
AdrianUn

Re: Screaming Hellos!

Postby detuned » Mon 02 Mar, 2015 7:55 pm

Sounds like a great idea, I'd be interested to see how you get on with this. One of our pipe-dreams here is to get a really decent schools programme up and running.

For paper publications, I build up grids from scratch using the vector graphics package inkscape. That's perhaps a little bit overkill, so what I did before that was to use a spreadsheet, and then copy/paste screenshots into png files.

For something a little more interactive, I suspect you'd be very interested in the javascript tools that Otto Janko has developed. They are really excellent!

http://www.janko.at/Scripts/index.htm
detuned

Return to Welcome!